Employee Engagement Tips
While providing a challenging work environment and a solid work culture are important for adequately engaging your employees, you may find that you need to go a step above the norm to make sure your employees are engaged. Here are several tips for better engaging your employees:
- Ensure Each Employee Has a Plan – When each new employee comes onboard, outline a plan for career advancement or goals. While you may have some ideas, be sure to get the employee to share where he or she wants to be. Have the employee involved in the outline process so he or she knows what to do to get there.
- Chose Important Projects – Let employees chose a special project that is related to their expertise. This will give them a sense of accomplishment as well as a chance to show off their unique skill set.
- Peer-to-Peer Collaboration – Consider creating special task forces so employees can easily collaborate with peers who have similar interests. The office culture can also benefit from these task forces through workshops, events or encouragement from team members.
- Problem Solving – It is important to challenge employees to solve problems. This type of task will mobilize them and give them a chance to work with other employees they do not normally interact with.
- Icebreakers – Before meetings, take a minute to let everyone get to know each other through an icebreaker. This will give employees a chance to share more about themselves as well as better understand other employees.
If you are looking for ways to better engage your employees, Optimum Employer Solutions is here to help. We offer a range of training options which can target specific skills as well as increase employee engagement.